Skip to main content

Chelsea: Juande Ramos's agent flies to London as Jose Mourinho's sacking 'looks imminent'


Juande Ramos's agent, Gines Carvajal, flew into London on Thursday morning (17 December) to hold talks with Chelsea as a potential replacement for Jose Mourinho at Stamford Bridge, according to AS. The Spanish publication adds that Mourinho's dismissal look "imminent" after owner Roman Abramovich lost patience with the Portuguese boss following Chelsea's latest defeat by Leicester City on Monday.

The Times revealed on Wednesday that the former Tottenham and Real Madrid manager was being considered as a shock possible caretaker manager should the Blues decide to part ways with Mourinho. The Portuguese boss took charge of the training session on Wednesday. However, the report added that the club board were going to meet with Abramovich to discuss whether to dismiss him immediately or giving him a final chance with the next Premier League home game against Sunderland on Saturday.

AS now claims that Mourinho's dismissal "look imminent" after Ramos's agent arrived in London to "discuss the terms" of his potential appointment at Stamford Bridge as caretaker until the end of the campaign.
The Spanish publication claims the Chelsea board have lost patience following the Portuguese manager's comments after Monday's defeat by Leicester, which left them just one point above the relegation places with nine defeats in the first 16 Premier League games of the campaign.
"I feel my work is betrayed," Mourinho said after the game although insisting that he hoped to keep his job: "The only thing I can say is that I want to be. I have no doubts and I think you know me well enough, three years this time, plus three years another time, that I am not afraid of a big challenge, and in this moment this is a real big challenge. I want to stay, I hope Mr Abramovich and the board want me to stay."
Ramos, who won the Carling Cup at Spurs in the 2007-08 before being sacked in the start of the following campaign, has been without a team since 2014 when he left Dnipro due to the political conflict between Ukraine and Russia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

72-year-old woman gives birth to her first child

It said Daljinder Kaur gave birth to a baby boy at a fertility clinic in the northern Indian state of Haryana, following two years of in vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment. The report noted that though Kaur doesn’t possess any official paper to justify her age, but doctors at the hospital have registered her age as 72 years. It noted that if Kaur’s age is correct, that makes her one of the world’s oldest woman to become mother. 

15 QUESTIONS TO DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE PT. 1

I believe that we were all sent here for a reason and that we all have significance in the world. I genuinely feel that we are all blessed with unique gifts. The expression of our gifts contributes to a cause greater than us.

Musa Gowon: Son of former ruler Yakubu Gowon to return to Nigeria after 22 years in US prison

The son of former Nigerian military head of state Yakubu Gowon is due to return to Nigeria after spending 22 years in a US prison after being convicted on drug-related charges. It is believed Musa Gowon was released from the Taft Correctional Facility Bakersfield, California, after US President Barack Obama granted him pardon earlier in November.