Skip to main content

Sports: Bastian Schweinsteiger handed three-match ban after accepting FA charge of violent conduct



Manchester United midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger has been handed a three-match ban after accepting an FA charge of violent conduct. Schweinsteiger, 31, appeared to elbow West Ham United's Winston Reid in the 40th minute of their Premier League match at Old Trafford on 5 December.
The incident was not seen the match officials but was instead picked up on video.

The Germany international will now miss Premier League matches against Bournemouth, Norwich City and Stoke City, but will be eligible to return for the visit of Chelsea on 28 December, the FA confirmed.
The timing of the suspension will not help United, with Matteo Darmian and Chris Smalling both confirmed as doubts for the trip to Bournemouth after suffering injuries in the 3-2 defeat to Wolfsburg on 8 December.
When asked whether or not he expected both players to recover in time for the teatime trip to Bournemouth, manager Louis van Gaal said via the club's official website: "I don't know, it's happened this evening, but normally they are out for Saturday."
Marcos Rojo is also ruled out for the foreseeable future after undergoing surgery this week, while Luke Shaw and Antonio Valencia remain long-term injuries.
Midfield duo Morgan Schneiderlin and Ander Herrera have also been recent absentees. Schneiderlin was forced off with a hip problem in the goalless draw with West Ham and was left out of the United squad that travelled to Germany for their pivotal Champions League group game against Wolfsburg.
Herrera, meanwhile, has not played since the 2-1 win over Watford in November, where he suffered a hamstring problem.
Wayne Rooney and Phil Jones have been absent due to injury but could be in contention by Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

72-year-old woman gives birth to her first child

It said Daljinder Kaur gave birth to a baby boy at a fertility clinic in the northern Indian state of Haryana, following two years of in vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment. The report noted that though Kaur doesn’t possess any official paper to justify her age, but doctors at the hospital have registered her age as 72 years. It noted that if Kaur’s age is correct, that makes her one of the world’s oldest woman to become mother. 

15 QUESTIONS TO DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE PT. 1

I believe that we were all sent here for a reason and that we all have significance in the world. I genuinely feel that we are all blessed with unique gifts. The expression of our gifts contributes to a cause greater than us.

Musa Gowon: Son of former ruler Yakubu Gowon to return to Nigeria after 22 years in US prison

The son of former Nigerian military head of state Yakubu Gowon is due to return to Nigeria after spending 22 years in a US prison after being convicted on drug-related charges. It is believed Musa Gowon was released from the Taft Correctional Facility Bakersfield, California, after US President Barack Obama granted him pardon earlier in November.