News, Information, Opportunities for Africans, all round solution, inspiring stories and articles etc.
Search This Blog
Brussels attacks: Mohammed Abrini says Islamist gang 'had planned repeat of Paris'
The
Islamist gang that carried out the suicide bombings in Brussels last
month had initially planned a repeat of the bloody Paris attacks of
November 2015, Belgian prosecutors said on Sunday. Mohamed Abrini,
the 31-year-old "Man In The Hat", who was arrested on Friday, 8 April,
has told authorities that the group – which included airport bombers
Ibrahim El Bakraoui and Najim Laachraoui – had wanted to attack Paris,
but the arrest of suspected ring-leader Salah Abdeslam forced them to
bring forward the attack and hit Brussels instead. Mohamed Abrini is the last remaining suspect in the Paris Attacks which left 130 civilians deadBelgian Federal PoliceThe
BBC also reported that Abrini was supposed to be the third bomber in
the attack but had fled before detonating his explosives. The grainy
airport footage that showed him pushing baggage trolleys alongside
Laachraoui and Bakraoui sparked a Europe-wide manhunt for "the Man In
The Hat".
A total of 32 people were killed in dual attacks on the
Brussels metro and Zaventem Airport, which was later claimed by Islamic
State (Isis).
Belgian prosecutors said that Abrini had confessed
to being the third man in the picture and had said he had thrown away
his hat and jacket after fleeing the scene. It has also been reported
that his fingerprints and DNA were discovered at two safe houses in
Brussels and in a car used during the Paris attacks, which killed 130
people.
Belgian authorities arrest six men on Friday, charging
four with terrorism offences the following day. They have only been
identified as Osama K, Herve BN, and Bilal EM, according to the BBC, and
are accused of "participating in terrorist acts" linked to the Brussels
bombings.
It said Daljinder Kaur gave birth to a baby boy at a fertility clinic in the northern Indian state of Haryana, following two years of in vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment. The report noted that though Kaur doesn’t possess any official paper to justify her age, but doctors at the hospital have registered her age as 72 years. It noted that if Kaur’s age is correct, that makes her one of the world’s oldest woman to become mother.
I believe that we were all sent here for a reason and that we all have significance in the world. I genuinely feel that we are all blessed with unique gifts. The expression of our gifts contributes to a cause greater than us.
The son of former Nigerian military head of state Yakubu Gowon is due to return to Nigeria after spending 22 years in a US prison after being convicted on drug-related charges. It is believed Musa Gowon was released from the Taft Correctional Facility Bakersfield, California, after US President Barack Obama granted him pardon earlier in November.
Comments
Post a Comment