Skip to main content

Chris Giwa says his NFF board will ‘start work on Monday’


The Chris-Giwa faction of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), has vowed to resume work officially on Monday, following Fridays High Court ruling in Jos.

“We are taking over immediately and will announce a new head of media soon,” he told local media.
This development comes, as the Amaju Pinnick led faction, have appealed the ruling.
“It is disappointing we are still taking football matters to civil courts. We will definitely appeal this case,” the embattled Pinnick said.
However, Giwa has insisted that from henceforth, all NFF matters will come through him.
This is likely to get Nigeria into hot water with the world football governing body, FIFA, who ratified Pinnick’s election in September 2014.
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan, had ordered Giwa to withdraw his case from court, which prevented a FIFA ban. But he re-filed his lawsuit, after a meeting called by Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung to reconcile the two factions ended in a deadlock in January this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

72-year-old woman gives birth to her first child

It said Daljinder Kaur gave birth to a baby boy at a fertility clinic in the northern Indian state of Haryana, following two years of in vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatment. The report noted that though Kaur doesn’t possess any official paper to justify her age, but doctors at the hospital have registered her age as 72 years. It noted that if Kaur’s age is correct, that makes her one of the world’s oldest woman to become mother. 

15 QUESTIONS TO DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE PT. 1

I believe that we were all sent here for a reason and that we all have significance in the world. I genuinely feel that we are all blessed with unique gifts. The expression of our gifts contributes to a cause greater than us.

Musa Gowon: Son of former ruler Yakubu Gowon to return to Nigeria after 22 years in US prison

The son of former Nigerian military head of state Yakubu Gowon is due to return to Nigeria after spending 22 years in a US prison after being convicted on drug-related charges. It is believed Musa Gowon was released from the Taft Correctional Facility Bakersfield, California, after US President Barack Obama granted him pardon earlier in November.